Keto for Cancer support
Essential Experts, Blogs and Resources
Become a keto-expert!
The most important factor in maintaining the KD for you and your child is the level of your own knowledge of how the diet works and what sort of foods will deliver maximum benefit. Here are several resources that explain in lucid detail how a low-carbohydrate, high-fat diet works and how you can maintain it.
- Phinney, Stephen and Jeff Volek. 2012. The art and science of low carbohydrate performance. Lexington, KY: Beyond Obesity.
- Perlmutter, David. 2013. Grain Brain. The Surprising Truth About Wheat, Carbs, and Sugar. Hachette Book Group.
- Kalamian, Miriam. 2013. Get Started With The Ketogenic Diet For Cancer. Self-published eBook.
- Wahls, Terry. 2014. The Wahls Protocol. New York: Avery.
- Seyfried, Thomas. 2012. Cancer As a Metabolic Disease: On the Origin, Management, and Prevention of Cancer. New York: Wiley.
- Phinney, Stephen and Jeff Volek. 2011. The art and science of low carbohydrate living: an expert guide to making the life-saving benefits of carbohydrate restriction sustainable and enjoyable. Lexington, KY: Beyond Obesity.
KEY BLOGS ON THE SCIENCE OF LOW-CARB, HIGH-FAT (KETOGENIC) DIETS
- Peter Attia, MD: www.eatingacademy.com
- Colin E. Champ, MD: http://www.cavemandoctor.com/category/cancer/
- Richard David Feinman, PhD: http://rdfeinman.wordpress.com
- Dominic D’Agostino, PhD: https://ketonutrition.org/resources
- Peter “Hyperlipid”: http://high-fat-nutrition.blogspot.com
- Bill Lagakos, PhD: http://caloriesproper.com
- Robb Wolf: http://robbwolf.com/blog/
- Andreas Eenfeldt, MD: http://www.dietdoctor.com/about
KEY BLOGS FOR KETOGENIC RECIPES
- http://mariamindbodyhealth.com (she also has several keto-friendly books. Check her out on Amazon: Maria Emmerich)
- http://www.charliefoundation.org/resources-tools/resources-2/find-recipes (a U.S.-based ketogenic diet advocacy group for epilepsy treatment)
- http://www.thepaleomom.com/recipes (she uses maple syrup and honey in some recipes so watch out)
KEY WEBSITES FOR MORE INFORMATION
- The Charlie Foundation http://www.charliefoundation.org
- Miriam Kalamian, M.S., EdM., C.N.S.. (ketogenic diet health coach) http://dietarytherapies.com
- Carrie Loughran, R.D. (ketogenic diet dietician) http://www.ketocare.com
- http://site.matthewsfriends.org (a UK-based ketogenic diet advocacy group for epilepsy treatment)